Monday, April 9, 2007

alive and kicking...

Thought I'd better update here before my picture shows up on the side of a milk carton -lol! Things are good... it's been a busy month.

We had a great Easter. Colored eggs, chocolate bunnies, gorgeous weather and lots of kidlets running amok ...good times!

Last week we had a visit from my niece and her hubby. They're newlyweds and this was the first time we had met the groom. Turns out he's a pretty nice guy and he held up pretty well while we razzed him a little and grilled him about his life history... we think we'll let her keep him -lol! It was lots of fun having them here.

The weather has been pretty nice so I've been doing a little bit of light gardening. Mostly just the window boxes and the containers on the front porch and out on the patio. I love having the yard full of flowers... now if I can just remember to water them. :D Jack and the kids have been busy getting the big garden ready to plant, hauling in manure (as if there wasn't plenty of THAT around here already! -lol!) and loads of top soil. It's looking pretty impressive so far... Matt and Kendall can hardly wait to go buy seeds and plants.

Other than the regular kid stuff, and dr. appointments, I think that's pretty much the gist of what's been going on in our neck of the woods. Having to slow down was a total pain (literally -lol!) at first but in reality it's been a good thing. I've finally caught up with things around here and I'm even starting to feel (a little bit) creative again -nothing major but definitely some sparks. I just need to remember to take baby steps and not get overwhelmed because that's when I make myself crazy... and not in a good way ;)

If you've made it this far, thanks for checking in :) With any kind of luck I'll do better at keeping this updated... don't hold your breath though ;)

9 comments:

SLUSH said...

Not sure why you had to slow down...hope you are okay...but I am DAMN glad you updated. Because ya know I was actually looking into the milk carton thang!!

Leslie said...

I can only begin to think about planting some flowers. That is something that has to wait until Memorial Weekend.

Slowing down is good. It allows you to see the things you had been speeding past.

La- said...

Been thinking of you.. wondering what was new and exciting.. glad you are checking in. I wish I could get into the planting too.. like Leslie we have to wait until Memorial Day weekend too!

La-

Anonymous said...

Morning babe - glad you updated - about bliddy time :D and that you had a great Easter - seems like weeks ago doesn't it?! A normal routine life is good - just what the dr ordered. Missing you loads xxx

Unknown said...

yo sistah, nice to see you! glad your easter was fab and i'm so jealous about your garden (how *are* my cannibus seedlings coming along?) and i am a bit surprised you have to go out for manure...seems like there should have been enough just laying around the house, LOL!

so glad your weather is starting to turn - i have never been anywhere as all-around beautiful as humboldt county on a nice day (well, with the exception of that st thomas thing)

La- said...

Tagged ya girlie! Check out my blog for more info!

Tonya said...

ohhhh leafa!?!
I checked milk carton pricing. will be contacting slush to see if she'll split the costs.
:)

.jessica jo. said...

glad you had a fab easter! :)

Anonymous said...

erm... scuse me leaf... about bloody time you got some more words and pictures for us to oggle :D Hope you're OK my little sweet :D Love and missing ya XX