Sunday, March 11, 2007

sunshine on my shoulders...

Today was just what I needed to shake off my winter funk- a warm, sunny, quiet ...gorgeous day. It felt so good to open up the doors and let the fresh air and sunshine fill up the house. The best part about it was that we were expecting "partly cloudy skies" -which up here, almost always translates to gray, cloudy and cold. This is one time I don't mind that the weather man was wrong!
Having been out of commission with my back problems for the past couple of weeks, chores were piling up around here. I managed to get caught up on a few things today -getting back on track, little by little. My mountain of laundry is now just a little mole hill, the porch lights are in working order again, the clocks are all re-set for daylight savings time, the houseplants have been fed and my kitchen isn't quite as scary as it had been. Still lots to be done, but all in all a good day.
I don't have anything on my calendar for tomorrow (yet!)so I'm planning on spending some time in my scraproom. I have some projects to finish-up and then I need to go through and finish culling things out. There's so much in there that I never even touch -it's gotten to the stage where it's too overwhelming to even attempt to be creative. Spring cleaning starts tomorrow!
It's just after 6pm -well into the cocktail hour :D We're out the door to a b-b-q with some friends -gonna soak up all the goodness this day can hold! :)
Peace out!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

man do i miss spring time in humboldt county...sigh. good on ya girlfriend!

Anonymous said...

You scare me when you mention the (laundry) word! Glad you;re enjoying Spring - it;s great to fling open the doors and windows and not feel cold. Love and miss ya loads xx

La- said...

I am glad you are feleing better and getting caught up a little and I am SOO jealous of your nice weather!

Anonymous said...

excuse me ms mcbirdie, but it's about time you updated this little corner of your world... just to let me know that you're OK of course :) XX