Wednesday, August 26, 2009

still here

it's been a fun summer filled with visits to the river, reconnecting with family and old friends, learning lots about myself and figuring out what my expectations are and the direction I want to take my life. lots of changes are taking place around here and while some are difficult, the outcome, so far, has been mostly positive for me.... but more on that some other time.

the girl and I just got home from a trip down south to see some friends and do some back to school shopping. other than that we're busy wrapping up summer, kicking off soccer season ...pun intended :) and getting ready to head back to school... just two kidlets going back to school this year -still weirds me out that I'm old enough to have a kid who's graduated. the big kid is busy working odd jobs around the ranches, cutting firewood and enjoying a bit of 'freedom' before (hopefully) taking some college classes next spring. (xx fingers crossed xx)

guess that's enough of an update for now, duty calls... the theme around here this week is post-summer spruce up... today, the girl and I are cleaning out and re-organizing her room and closet in preparation for an even bigger 'makeover' in the, hopefully, not too distant future. wish me luck...  -leaf mcbirdie... OUT!

3 comments:

Bethany said...

hey ya Leafa!! miss you on the freak!!! stop by & give us a hi :hug:

Bethany said...

hey ya Leafa!! miss you on the freak!!! stop by & give us a hi :hug:

SuzyQ said...

Glad to see you back to bloggin'! Sounds like a summer of growth, for some of us. Glad to hear you are doing good! <3