Monday, August 4, 2008

Happy Monday

whoa! did this weekend fly by or what?! we went to our annual family reunion out in Bear River, soaked up the sunshine, ate waaaay too much good food... ahhh, good times!

I managed to read another book, too; The Secret Life of Bees by Sue Monk Kidd. I bought it over a year ago and just couldn't get into it so I set it aside and went on to other things, but I came across it again while I was prowling around looking for something to read this weekend, so I decided to give it another shot. I can't for the life of me imagine why I had trouble with it before, or why it took me so long to pick it up again, but I devoured it this time-SMK is a great story teller!

other than that, not much going on around Rancho McBirdie... I'm still slooooowwly working on my office/scraproom... finally got enough crap moved and got one wall painted (whoop-dee-fricken do, right?! LOL!) just need to get some shelves taken down now, so I can tackle the next wall... it's a slow process but I'm diggin the fact that I'm doing it all myself, and so far, I haven't screwed anything up -d'oh!, hope I didn't just jinx myself!

2 comments:

Cathy said...

FIRST!!!



Hey girly...I'm getting ready for a family reunion too. Nothing like good old southern cooking to thicken up the thighs. I'm going eat up some good biscuits and gravy, move on to some chicken and dumplings and then top it off with some good peach cobbler.

Have a good week!!!

Carla said...

Well sounds like you have your hands full working on a scrap room....in the long run Im sure it will be fabulous and you better take pictures......