Sunday, April 6, 2008

some things never change

I can't count the multitude of times I've shopped for *the* perfect birthday or Christmas gift, usually spending way too much money in an effort to please -and then, as if that weren't bad enough, my OCD kicks into overdrive as I start the process of coordinating the giftwrap, ribbons and bows, and I wind up spending nearly as much on that stuff as I did on the gift -lol.

Picture me, camera poised, hardly able to contain my excitement as my kid is overcome with joy and moved beyond words when he sees what's inside the magnificent package. Then hellloooo... flash back to reality as said kid rips into the magnificent package, and with nary a blink at my efforts to impress, chucks the 'perfect' gift aside and then adds insult to injury as he goes on to spend hours, maybe even days, playing with the freakin' cardboard box it came in! What is it about kids and boxes??!

I guess some things never change...

A couple of weeks ago, Jack went out and bought a GIANT new tv -the kids had been jonsin for us to bring it home and get it all set up so late that night we dragged this ginormous box into the livingroom, carefully unpack the tv, and as Jack and I are muttering under our breath about the trials and tribulations that come along with trying to decipher which cords get plugged into what component and WHY is there an extra cord leftover, etc... we suddenly realize that the box has come alive and is making it's way across the hardwood floor -LOL! Matt has crawled inside and is using the box as a quasi shell. Bedtime finally rolls around and as I step into the boys' room, I notice the box has ended up in there and it is now stuffed to overflowing with Matt and all his bedding -the big goof slept in the box!
Oh well, I guess as long as it's not a fridge box under a bridge, we're doing ok.

6 comments:

Cathy said...

Maybe he's trying to tell yoU that he needs new mattresses! : )

Cindy aka HappyStamper aka Sealion said...

LOL!

Carla said...

LOL that is just too funny. How old is he? My son would probably do something like that too...LOL

~Holly~ said...

LOL Love it!!

.jessica jo. said...

omg that is funny!!!

La- said...

LOL That is great! I love kids!!

La-